Perzina began as a labor of love, and 130 years later, still continues as a company dedicated to making great instruments for families and passionate musicians. The history of the Perzina Piano began on July 1, 1871. On that day two brothers, Julius and Albert Perzina, opened their shop in the small German town of Schwerin. They officially named the company Gebrüder Perzina which means brothers Perzina. As business increased, the Perzina factory was moved to a larger facility in the German town of Lenzen.
Perzina soon became one of Germany’s most influential and prestigious brands. Many of the best musicians and world leaders purchased Perzina pianos. These included the Arch-Duke of Mecklenberg, Duke of Oldenburg, Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands, and Hendrik of Mecklenberg-Schwerin. By 1900 the Perzina factory was the largest in Northern Germany, and quickly became a house-hold name throughout Europe. Perzina continues the tradition in their state-of-the-art facility, manufacturing one of the most recognizable sounds in the piano industry today.